Gerard

gerard and cam It is a month today since Gerard died.

I let that sink in. It seems a very long time ago and almost no time at all. I miss him, I miss us, I miss our little family of three. Even if it seemed towards the end that he wasn't really with us. In my eulogy I wrote that it was the saddest kind of lonely and I still feel that every day. I guess that is to be expected.

Gerard went quickly and suddenly. He was well on Tuesday and very early Thursday morning found me calling an ambulance, for a lift I thought. The ambos said he needed to go to hospital and we joined him that morning. He was transferred to the Palliative Care Unit and died that night.

The funeral and wake were beautiful and intense. I'll try and put a transcript up here when I can get to it. We have been nestled amongst family, friends and community. Surrounded by love and support. I can't believe it has been a month.


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Janet. I am crying for you and yours. Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet. No words, just so many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry. You have been in my thoughts, and will remain so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so, sorry for your loss. Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did so well at the funeral and spoke beautifully. There was so much affection from everyone towards Gerard. I can't believe it's been a month either. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'saddest kind of lonely' words make me weep. I guess that is to be expected. And let to sink in. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janet. There will never be enough words to say all I want to say. The sadness is so real. And I am so sorry. You have been in my thoughts quite a bit, and you shall forever remain so. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, having read your blog for several years and loved your description of family life, I am deeply saddened at Gerard's death. I wish you and your beautiful little girl peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, just so sorry. Will be in touch soon about having lunch xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to you Janet, and goodness you write just beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, I've not visited your blog for such a long time and it has been so very sad to come back and read of all of your losses. I am so sorry you and Grace have lost Gerard and your Mum. I am so sorry. Kris

    ReplyDelete