computer graphics

Life is a bit sameish at the moment. I get up, drink a big glass of water, do stuff on the computer, maybe have a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast/brunch, do more stuff on the computer and so it goes. Until I go to bed and get up and do it all again. So I thought I'd post a unicorn from my Pinterest board of unicorns and as it happens, it's quite topical.






We are not an Apple family. PCs and Android all the way, but now I find myself contemplating buying an iPad, not just a tablet but specifically an iPad. It feels like crossing over to the dark side. Grace's school now has a one to one iPad program and although you can use the school iPads, if you don't have your own, you can't take them home. And I don't think, given what I have seen of the school's approach to technology, that the kids will go much beyond the basics at school. And I want Grace to be a competent and imaginative technology user. There's more to it than educational apps. We're talking about making a blog together and I'm thinking that might be a good way to pull a few things together over time. In line with the school's approach to technology, they are taking the children on an excursion to the Apple store. Despite how wrong I feel it is to expose children to such slick marketing in the guise of education, we are letting Grace go. And we have said she can get a t-shirt. How my little PC heart quakes. G is going to go as a parent helper, so we will get all the dirt.

Sigh. I really wish Grace was more into the idea of changing schools.

Oh I think we might go and see the new Bindi Irwin movie tomorrow. I'm quite looking forward to it really.

1 comment:

  1. I love my ipad. Love it so much more than I ever thought I would when I bought it.
    My iphone's not bad, either.

    ReplyDelete