first craft camp for the year

It's hard to express just how much I was looking forward to my first craft weekend at Sewjourn for the year and hanging out with my special craft camp people. It was very exciting! Lovely to see everyone and lovely to be at Sewjourn and sew and knit and just be. As usual the food was stunning (although I did forget the all important dip part of my lunch - but oh well it came out OK) and it was just delightful to be cooked for and nurtured in that way. Coming bang smack in the stinky Melbourne heatwave, it was nice to be somewhere slightly cooler and with air conditioning. Nothing like trying to sew in a hot sweaty little study so it was great to have a break from that. I think apart from a quick visit to the shops on the first day, the only time I went outside was to go between the house and the studio.
- - - - -
There was much um, crafting. I made two tee shirts, some not quite right (yet) horses, some little bags, some little brooches with my wooden buttons and a sample tea towel lunch bag. Samples for my craft stall. Lots of development to do there. Grace was delighted with my horses and when I said she could have one, she immediately chose the first and wonkiest. The one I thought had the most issues! Oh well, back to the drafting table with that one.

Thank you to Suse for being the organisational mastermind, thank you to Jenny and Suse for driving and thank you to all the craft camp women who make such a lovely weekend away in so many ways. Most of us don't really blog any more so I am not going to link but you know who you are. Thank you. Mwah.

1 comment:

  1. It was ace. And I thought your little horsies were fab.

    ReplyDelete