shopping centre christmas

Yesterday we went to norflands to do a spot of Christmas shopping, altogether, as a family. There was one small argument at the beginning about where to park but as it turns out, I was right. There were plenty of effortless car parks on the roof. On the way to target to buy a book (I know, buying books at target kind of wrong on lots of levels) we stopped off at the shop with the footy memorabilia and debated whether to buy a carlton or collingwood punching bag.  Grace sung the carlton song and the guy at the shop claimed to be an avid blues fan. Later I wondered if he changed his team for each customer. Thankfully we left empty handed.

After Target we headed to JB Hifi and by this time I was starting to feel overwhelmed by the noise, lights and all the stuff! I helped Grace with her Kris Kringle obligations and we left G there. He took a long time so I suspect he did a lot of his Christmas shopping in one fell swoop. I gave Grace a choice of nori or icecream for morning tea and she couldn't decide on which nori and then the ice cream shop wasn't there any more so on a whim I suggested slushie drinks. I had come down with a bit of a cold and ice was very appealing. She chose the *strawberry* which claimed to have fruit in it but was so chemically flavoured that she didn't like it at all. I had a frozen coke. Mmmm coke. Pandering to the not so new obsession with all flavours cola.

Eventually G joined us again and we checked out the dvds and books at the rather good remaindered book stall. Want a copy of Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Knitting? There's a whole stack of them for $20 each at Northland near the ABC shop. Also quite a few flash looking cookbooks - I bought Bill Granger's Simple Food for $20 and was tempted to buy Apples for Jam, a book by Kylie Kwong and another by Luke Ngyuen. There was also a great gardening book by Shirley Stackhouse and another by Jackie French. Maybe next Christmas. Last year I went to visit the stall after Christmas and it had gone. Anyway, it feels good to have the Christmas shopping done and dusted. Mostly wrapped too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing mine tomorrow, and assaying Doncaster. Uurrgh. Be good when it's done, but.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Grace is growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're way ahead of me! I still haven't wrapped a thing, and I have yet to get my mum a magazine subscription but I'm waiting for payday on Thursday to do that. Also have a little cold so have stayed home today - might take the opportunity to do some wrapping while I'm here.

    Merry Christmas to you and G and Grace! Hope it's a wonderful day for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh good score on the books, wish I had been there. Best wishes for a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete