welcome

Hello. Welcome to secret suburban! I know I've been saying that I wanted to move to blogger for ages and early in the new year, rather than make yet another resolution about it, I decided to just crack the shits and get started. It's taken me a while but I'm here now. There's still some archive clean up to do (photos, links, spaces) but as you can see, I've been here a while and I thought it was time I told you about the move.

half moon bay in the evening

And the name change? Well, I was a bit sick of the name muppinstuff. Far too cutesy for a middle aged woman with a tendency towards the negative. And the "stuff" aspect, that was shitting me too, as "stuff" in all senses of the word is something I'm always trying to remove from my life. Anyway secret suburban grew on me during the changeover. When we were looking to buy our house, I used to dream of a secret suburb where the houses were cheap and close to nature, the people fabulous and the public transport super convenient. We initially ruled out this area due to the smallness of the houses and the public transport aspect, but I am really glad we're here now. Sometimes I feel so lucky that I really do think we found our secret suburb. And yeah, middle aged and suburban they do kind of go together don't they? As for secret, well, I do laugh a bit there, because it's just not all that secret at all, is it?

Anyway, I hope you decide to hang out with me here. You'll need to update your feed readers and bookmarks as I haven't worked out how to transfer the feed across (sorry). Please let me know if I have forgotten anything or if things don't work. That would be great. Thanks.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the new look. And the photos look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Janet ! x

    I've never had a problem with blogger and I do hate parting with moolah .. so all good here ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here too! I love me the blogger and it has vastly improved from when I first started using it . Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hi! It's so nice to see your new digs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting news! Welcome to blogger land. Love the new name- I think it fits well with your photo subject matter too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new look and blog name
    great way to kick off a new year!

    in the 6 years I've been using it, blogger just keeps getting better

    glad you're finding it to be user friendly too

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the new name :-) and the look is lovely!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed reading your blog since way back when you sewed together some rolled leaves and hung them on your back porch, many houses ago. I suffer from depression too and have pills that work most of the time. You are a wonderful woman and please keep writing. Yours truly- Elaine from Luray Virginia USA

    ReplyDelete