in which I learn my first css

Oh I know, the thrill. I wanted to have my sidebar align right. It's been bugging me for a couple of days and you wouldn't think that it would matter but it does to me. This pattern of words coming out from a spine reminds me of a quilt I'd like to make one day. Indeed just the other night I was lying bed thinking blog, quilt, blog, quilt and slowly drifting into sleep.

tony on the table

At first I thought that you would need to add html code to the blog directly but the new template designer allows you to add css over the top, which is a far less risky business because you can see what it will look like before you commit to it.

To add the code, you go to >template designer  >advanced  >add css - it's the last option after changing the font colours etc.   This is the code I added:
.sidebar
{text-align:right;}
.sidebar ul
{text-align:right;}
.cloud-label-widget-content
{text-align:right;}

It took me a couple of nights of searching through the blogger help and getting the idea of what things might be called. And a little bit of trial and error. And if I don't like it later, it's very easy to take out. Hee, hee. I quite enjoyed learning that.

No comments:

Post a Comment