more green summer, while it lasts

It seems so long ago since I was here... We've had scorching heat, nights when I've done the bare minimum at the computer because being in the study means being attacked by gnats and sweating from my eyeballs. We've had gastro. Ick. Especially the stinky burps. TMI, I know. I've inhaled a fly and spat it out half an hour later. Even more icky. But all in all, I've been in enjoying summer. There was a lovely dinner at the park the other night, perfect weather, gorgeous company, the kids played beautifully. Even though everything is starting to dry off a bit, there's still lots of green to look at and that makes me happy. And there have been many cooler days. How I love a mild summer.

The picture above is of some of the younger boys of the court hanging around with their older friends, the boom boom boys. So called because of the music they play in their cars that they are constantly renovating. Sometimes they shut themselves in the car on the street and turn the music up as loud as it will go and our windows shake. I find it kind of endearing, it's never at night and they're friendly enough kids if you say hello.
Anyway, we're off for a while. Camping. It's taken us two days to pack but I think we'll be out the door tomorrow morning. See you on the other side.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! It's tomorrow morning and it's raining....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time camping! Love that photo - it casts my memory back to the days when kids still played in the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, camping, lovely! Hope it was good - I was just thinking today that I missed seeing you round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a wonderful time camping x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Janet, it's been a while since I popped into the blog. How's the garden coming along at your new place. I miss seeing the jungle of your other place, but I know how hard it is to get a new garden established with such tight water restrictions. I hope it is coming along and look forward to seeing photos of it soon.
    And I hope you had a lovely time camping.
    Cheers,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete