sunday in the country and a collaborative calendar

Yesterday was awesome and I'm still on a bit of a high from it. A country drive to Warburton in convoy with some friends. Lunch by the Yarra river, soaking up the views and the absolutely gorgeous weather. Absolutely no child issues, like no rolling around on the grass not eating lunch because we're not all sitting on the rocks. Snort - yeah, I had you there for a moment didn't I? But truly it was grand. I've been thinking about it all day today in the best possible way.
Then having missed most of the market because we left a bit late and relaxed a bit long over lunch, we drove up to the rainforest galleryat the base of Mount Donna Buang. And it was sensational. There was a walk amongst the tree tops where you could look down onto the forest floor. Then we went down a zillion steps and walked around the forest. It was so beautiful. It's all on metal boardwalks so there is a lot less damage or litter than what you would normally see. And you can't lose your children. So you can walk around staring at the trees and playing with your camera. Lovely. Highly recommended and a balm for the spirits.

****Collaborative Calendar****
In other news, I'm honoured and delighted to be part of a collaborative calendar for 2010 project with Mary and Suse. We all have our own individuals styles and I think it's amazing the way the photos came together. I'm going to buy one to use as my computer desk calendar - it seems a very apt and handy thing to keep in my blogging space. The calendar is hosted on Mary's redbubble and you can see it here. Yay!

6 comments:

  1. Ordered mine yesterday. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've all produced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks truly beautiful, well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I bought one because it is beautiful - every photo - simply beautiful.
    Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family and I are just dicovering that whole area, it's so lovely. WE had lunch recently at the Polish restaurant in Warburton - very funny. SO IMPRESSED with the calendar. Very very beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to do the same as you - buy one to put near my desk because I adore the photos from you and Suse..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine hasn't arrived yet but my friend's has and she sent me a text this morning saying it was lovely!
    Love your Warburton shots. I haven't been there in yonks. Time to remedy that I reckon.

    ReplyDelete