blur

Today was one of those tired, blurry days. Went to bed too late, got up too early. Woke in the middle of the night when Grace was coughing and needed to be held, dosed with medicine and have her back rubbed to stop her throwing it up. Poor mite. She's nearly better though and it was beautiful to see her still soundly asleep when I arose at the ungodly hour of 5.30am real time. Saw a hot air balloon floating on the sunrise out the kitchen window, it was beautiful but I'd rather have been asleep.


At work I struggled. Felt sluggish, lacking in coherence. Worried about Grace. Started a new task which I didn't mind, but found myself irritated by my colleagues, just for being themselves. Not a good sign. Pushed myself through the day thinking I would get to leave on time, especially as I wasn't going to be taking forms at the last moment, or so I thought. Usually I work really hard from about 4.00pm so that I can leave more or less on time. Or at least early enough to be on the 6.30 bus at the other end of my commute. At 5.15pm I was the only bunny left with a big queue in front of me. And although the team leader and office manager were in there helping, I knew I wasn't going to make my bus. I felt so tired and out of control that I cried a little as I did my work. And cried again for a few moments in the manager's office. There was no way I was going to get home in time for dinner and some family time before going to the meeting I'd said I'd go to every month now. As it was the manager and team leader took pity on me and gave me a cab voucher and I was driven home along the freeway in the backseat of a grotty cab driven by a lovely young cab driver. Quite relaxing. And I felt like I'd earned it and made it home in time for dinner. Didn't fit my walk in though, not unless you count the five minutes there and back to the meeting. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

blogtoberfest

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you've done more than enough without the walk ! Fortunately children recuperate amazingly fast , so she should sleep better in a couple of nights . Look after your self !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. daylight savings time has a lot to answer for!
    who cares about faded curtains, its the two weeks of insanity at the start and end of DST that I hate
    hang in there

    ReplyDelete