hey ho, hey ho

It's off to work I go. My ironing is done and hanging neatly in my wardrobe. My bag has been emptied, cleaned and refilled. My phone is charged and my id tag put back in my bag. The alarm has been set for 6.30am and I know my body has become far to used to Gerard getting up and feeding Grace while I sleep until eight or nine. Oh, the utter luxury of that. I am so not a morning person.



So what have I done with my precious leave? Not a lot really. That was the best bit. Some sniffling and lying on the couch with a horrible cold, that was the worst bit. Such a waste. But oh well, at least it was only a cold as opposed to swine flu, and I'm probably done for winter now. Mostly my days have been full of pleasant things. I've taken Grace for a baby 'cino at a local cafe. Hung out with friends and family, mooched around. Sewed a bit. Shopped a little bit. Made a cheesecake. Played on twitter a bit. Been part of hard rubbish excitement. Made a hat for Grace and most of a scarf for me. And went to the museum three times!

Now I just have to get back into the habit of blogging a bit more often. And develop a positive attitude towards work. Before 9.00am tomorrow. Sure, I can do that.

7 comments:

  1. Back to coalface. Glad you had a pleasant break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ridiculous!
    That's the fastest five weeks in history!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! see you soon for caffeine injection catchup x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That did go fast! Hope you feel rejuvenated and rested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Mary said.
    Ouch to the 6.30am get up. I have finally come to the realisation that I am not a morning person, I don't know why I thought I was. I think I just want to be one. I seem to -start- at about midday, no matter what time I get up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it wasn't too bad!
    I'm glad you had a lovely holiday, even if it was a bit of a snotfest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly ! The best part of some free time is that it is just that ..... your own time to fritter as you will ! Time to potter ...with more time to potter tomorrow ! Glad you enjoyed it .

    ReplyDelete