My holidays begin now

What a lovely feeling to walk out of work at fourteen minutes past five today knowing that I'm on holiday for the next five weeks. I haven't got all that much planned except for time at home, maybe painting the front windows and mulching the front yard, some serious winter wardrobe re-invigoration, hanging out with the girl and the man, just being in my 'hood and perhaps a very short camping trip. Oh, and a craft weekend! And some website work. But aside from that. Nothing much. Oh the joy!


Most of Easter was spent gardening and tidying up the backyard in preparation for Grace's 4th birthday party, which I'll post about properly when I've finished messing with the million and one photos. It was all so lovely and exciting. I can hardly believe that I'm now the mother of a four year old. How did that happen so quickly?

8 comments:

  1. FIVE WEEKS??!!?
    I'm so envious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you next week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I'm lucky, lucky, lucky. Still, I only got the leave approved because I wasn't fussy about when it was, ie not school holidays which are in high demand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you being 'shushed' yet? I'm sure the Ratbag feels that he's quite the big boy, but I can still make him giggle like my baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five weeks! I'm jealous! Hope you have a truly wonderful break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIVE weeks, BRILLIANT!!!!!
    That'll recharge your batteries, good and proper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahhh... stupid foolish! I love that! At least under communism we would all be watching the same farming supplies ads and everyone would have the same size patch of land to grow spuds. Or is my view of it somewhat antiquated? Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with your post. Thanks for continuing to visit my blog, and leaving lovely comments :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like everyone else I'm going to say FIVE WEEKS!!!!! Wow.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete