april craft weekend

Part of me is itching to write a scrag fight at the craft table or fisticuffs at the blog meet post, because surely, surely all this goodness is really too good to be true. You would truly think that. Especially if you're an old cynic like me. And you would think that the odds of a such a thing happening would increase if you add in a fair dose lady cramps plus a missed purple pill from me, an overdue essay from Suse and Maria breaking her toe in the dark while stumbling near cactuses. But no. We came, we talked, pawed over fabrics and patterns, cooked and ate marvelous food with lovely wine. Talked and sewed. Sung out loud even. And it was really and truly good. Just like it always is. Even though craft weekends were good before we found our crafting heaven, having a regular venue that ticks all the boxes is a real bonus. Sewjourn is such an easy one hour drive from Melbourne, far enough from home to be away, close enough that you don't spend precious sewing time getting there.  And packing is so much easier, knowing that there will be irons and cutting boards and plenty of room for the sewing machines. That studio is just like a big gorgeous play room for grown ups with fabric!


april craft weekend


1. pine mushrooms and rosemary, 2. sue's sewing box, 3. test quilt, 4. finished at last (photo by ellen), 5. suse, hard at work, 6. shoes, 7. tree, 8. the opinionated knitter, 9. yellow and green leaves, 10. gloomy weather, 11. wood pile, 12. through the trees, 13. susie sewing the top stitching (photo by ellen), 14. in the studio, 15. wet leaves, 16. wet rose


Of course I took more than I could possibly do in one weekend and my overly ambitious list of projects hardly made it out of the box, but I did finish the quilt for Maeve. As you can see above. Machine quilting was harder than I expected. I made a little test quilt which went easily enough but the big one was much more tricky (for a beginner like me anyway) and there was quite a bit of swearing, but it's finished and I'm pretty happy with it (in particular the machine stitched binding which I must take a close up picture of). Anyway she'll be getting it as soon as I can wash and dry it. Now I just need another weekend for all the other projects....

4 comments:

  1. So good to hear that it all went so well - I knew it would - how could it not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a glorious weekend! you lucky thing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. am JEALOUS. Glad it was lovely. next time you see Suse, give her a ginormous hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know some people are getting the time and have the inclination to pursue their hobbies (damn my lazy bones)... I love that you loved it :) I would feel the guilt of leaving 2 kids behind with the big kid...

    ReplyDelete