the earth did shake

Earlier this evening I was watching that show about Churchill's bodyguard on telly with G and the earth shook. It felt very strange and wobbly. Not at all scary because a) it didn't last very long and b) nothing fell off the shelves or fell down even. I asked G and he thought it was just the windows rattling or someone outside but agreed there might have been a tremor. Just before I googled "earth tremor" and found this and a slightly more detailed report here with comments full of crazy talk.


I was right. The earth did move.

7 comments:

  1. You must be braver than me. I was completely FREAKED OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed that I heard about it first on Twitter. As.it.was.happening. Well very soon after.
    Despite all the freaking out, the world really is an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I triumphantly held up this morning's newspaper to the bloke, who thought I was silly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was home alone when I felt it, (alone meaning Mr M was out and the kids were asleep) and it really felt like the house moved from side to side on it's foundations. The ceiling creaked, and I jumped up, expecting something... and nothing happened. It kind of made me realise just how insignificant we are, and how fruitless our efforts would be it the earth opened up in a quake. It was a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I the only one who didn't feel a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely meeting you last night. I love shindigs like that, don't you? (And I'm thinking about the Flikr thing....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. have any cracks appeared in your house?

    ReplyDelete