hello Maeve!

I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our extended family. Little Maeve, who was born late last night. Isn't she cute? Those little fingers and rosebud mouth, the smallness and smell of a new life.  Quite the proud aunty, I am.


I managed a good aunty cuddle, and goodness you forget how small and light a newborn is. How utterly brand new and delicious. Betty and bub are all doing well (hopefully they'll get to stay in hospital until the heatwave is over). Cam and big sister Ruby are also pretty happy. And we're all so pleased that Maeve is finally here. Welcome to the big wide world little one.

12 comments:

  1. Babies are always a treasure arent they. She does look quite beautiful. I love their little fingers and toes and the new baby smell too. Congrats to you on being a new auntie again too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, isn't she lovely! Congratulations Auntie Janet. (I have an Aunty Janet and so does Martin!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable.
    The smell of them...aaaah. Just right

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, congrats! Very cute baby! Wow, Betty is your sister?
    Small world, it's like we move in circles around each other, never quite colliding....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or Maybe Sister-in-law...didn't mean to sound presumptious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright not -quite- true, we have met, twice I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you do forget how tiny, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an Aunty Janet too :)
    I met a 2week old today and zero'd in ..she was so TINY !! And yes, I hope Betty & Maeve get to stay in hospy for a while, with the ice-cold A/C they seem to have in those places :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing, NOTHING, like that smell, is there?! That smell alone is almost enough to make me want to do it all again.

    ReplyDelete