nap time



SpcSince I'm meant to be in a recovery phase, when I'm at home, I'm trying to have the odd afternoon nap. It's something I find really hard to do. There's always more things on my to do list than time to do them. But even forty minutes is good. Usually in the quiet of our bedroom with the cotton crochet blanket. Some days I look out the window, just allowing my mind to quiet, my body to be still. Other days I fall into that not quite state between sleep and waking. 

Occcasionally, I recline on the couch. This one is obviously a set up, with help from my buzzy stage assistant who'd just woken from her sleep, talking breathlessly about her exciting playgroup session at a kindegarten down the road earlier in the day.  The self portrait challenge theme for February is blue, which made me think of afternoon sleeps. Don't know why, but it did.

See more blue here.

13 comments:

  1. my daughter has that same blue pillow I think :)
    I hope you are recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love this photo - the colors are so soothing and nap time does work well with the color blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is such a restful color. I too could use a few restful naps. Hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are always so beautiful and serene....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear by the Siesta.
    I really do.
    Consider it as a way to be able to stay up later at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, no!!!! I love my nanna naps/power naps. Not being able to have them is the worst thing about working full time. Seriously Janet, take one tomorrow for me. Just an hour..... oh sweet sweet sleepy time.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet dreams beautiful you ... xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful photo, the light and colour - perfect. Day time naps are very restorative, I find. A luxury to be snatched whenever possible.
    Also, you have lovely hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful photo, the light and colour - perfect. Day time naps are very restorative, I find. A luxury to be snatched whenever possible.
    Also, you have lovely hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Afternoon naps are one of the best things ever, if there's time for one. That's a lovely self-portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh darling, give in to the nap! It's one of life's great pleasures. Excellent photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love afternoon naps - I really look forward to them on weekends. Even if they're quick 20 minute cat naps (sometimes the most invigorating kind), they are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't day-nap. I night nap a lot. Other people might call it 'sleeping', but mostly it works out as a series of naps.
    The Prof, he day-naps, looking nowhere near as smooth and attractive as you do here.

    ReplyDelete