my bags are packed and...

I should be in bed. We're going down the beach tommorow. So it's been a frantic day as is usual before a big trip. Why do I always think I need to cram in last minute sewing before I go anywhere? But I do and it's done, a new skirt in seventies material I've been obsessing about for ages and just hacked into yesterday, a pillow case sized doll's quilt top to learn to quilt on and three new pairs of new bike shorts in a lovely fine cotton knit for ahem, wearing under skirts. Other larger ladies will know why. The hallway is stacked with suitcases, swimming gear, rainwear, bedding, reading material, craft supplies, camera stuff and a box of toys. There's some basic food supplies to get us started in the kitchen and I'm hoping it all fits in the car, without being too squashy. I really used to hate that as a kid, being wedged in with things under my feet and down the side. Maybe that's why I always feel like I overpack. Which of course I do.



I hope there's still some sunshine left. Summer seems to be leaving us in a hurry this year. Or maybe Melbourne with her fickle weather is just setting out to trick me. Because I always think March is the beginning of the season of the golden light. My favourite really. Just hope there are still some swimming days left.

See you in two weeks. Or so.

11 comments:

  1. I only discovered bike shorts last year. Wish I'd done so much, much sooner, because I like wearing skirts. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fickle weather is right. I've had the heater on in the bathroom this week and cuddled a hot water bottle while I blogged. Personally I'm hoping for a last summer hurrah at Easter when we have wrangled a beach invite.
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged!
    http://www.schmutzie.com/2008/02/more-meming.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you take orders for bike shorts?!!The shop ones are just too thick and hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time Janet, hope it's relaxing and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely time.
    You will Be Missed.
    PXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to know that there are other sneaky shorts wearers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry. Someone's going to have to enlighten me on the importance of bike shorts for Larger Ladies.
    I'm mystified.

    ReplyDelete
  9. two words,
    chub. rub.
    especially in hot weather, it's a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to have a callous between my thighs from walking to & from school etc when I was young. It was poostain-coloured. Nice.
    Have a great time away, Janet !

    ReplyDelete