Julie

Our friend Julie died in her sleep on Sunday morning. No-one had any warning or premonition that this might happen, so it's been deeply shocking. And heartbreakingly sad. Her husband Kim woke up to find his wife and love gone from this world. If I even try to imagine how this might feel, tears well up in my eyes. And the background fear I feel of losing those nearest returns as a feeling of panic and anxiety. Love always carries such a potential for loss and grief and Julie's passing has bought this back to me in a big way.  Kim and all of Julie's family and friends have been uppermost in our thoughts this week. You wish there was something that you could do, but there isn't.


Julie didn't really like having her picture taken and I sneaked this one last April, when she and some other Mooks were in Melbourne for the Wilco concert. It's blurry and a bit dark, but in it I can hear her distinct voice talking about this and that. Enjoying the ambience of the Palais, rattling on, having a good natter. It was a rather good weekend that one. Anyway, as you can see, she's still young and full of life. Just a couple of years older than me. As well as being rather stylish (which I admired more than I ever said), Julie had a really kind heart. She also loved a party, being out and about with friends. Their home was more often than not the centre for gatherings and parties; full of warmth and hospitailty. And she loved her cats.

We'll be going to Hobart for the funeral this Friday. Sigh.

20 comments:

  1. Oh god, how tragic. Janet I am so so sorry for you, G, your friend, her family and her partner.
    How awful. And so hot on the heels of the loss of your other friend.
    Hugs to you Janet dear. Big fat tight hugs with tears. I'll be thinking of you this weekend particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's unexpected passing. (((Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry you and yours have been experiencing so much sadness in recent times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sorry for the sadness you are feeling...such a hard time for you and your friends and family.
    bigbig hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy! You're having a bad run at the moment. So sorry to hear of such a tragic thing happening. Take care of yourself this weekend. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun just keeps coming, doesn't it?
    Bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How upsetting. I'll be thinking of you all this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much sadness for you lately...Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how horribly sad. My thoughts turn to you and your family, and of course Julie's family too. Why do the really great good people in our lives always die so young. It is never fair is it. I hope that your life turns around for the better soon as you have had so much trauma and sadness lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my... how sad. Be strong...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have been thinking of you and your friends all week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lord, you're so right. With love comes loss, but also the hope that we will have far more of the former than the latter.
    This is a beautiful photograph - I almost feel I know her just looking at it.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry for your loss; best wishes to you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can one say? So much life left to live - but the going was one of peace. You write so beautifully.
    Blessings and bliss to all

    ReplyDelete
  15. *tears* i am so very sorry for your loss honey. so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry, Janet. My sincere condolences.
    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Julie. I know that panic you feel, I get that too. A parent from our creche died last week leaving behind a 4 and a 2 year old and I panic every time I picture my boys growing up without Fixit. And cry every time I think of that family.

    ReplyDelete