I haven't done a Friday night meme for a while, and I miss them. Memes seem to be a bit out of fashion at the moment, but I love them. I keep meaning to do one each week, but of course I get waylaid, by life and other diversions. This one's from Kerryn, I think she might like the odd meme too.
1. My rock star name (first pet and current car)
Sophie Commodore. Sounds kind of disco, which our car definitely is not.
2. My gangsta name (ice cream flavour plus cookie, or biscuit)
Chocolate Gingernut. Mmm maybe not. How about Coconut Yo-Yo? Not much better, I don't think.
3. My fly girl name (first letter of first name, first three letters of last name)
J Igg. Yep.
4. My detective name (favourite colour, favourite animal)
Green Elephant. This.just.keeps. getting. better.
5. My soap opera name (middle name, city of birth)
Margaret Melbourne. Boring.
6. My Star Wars name (first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name)
Gri-Ja. Hey-yah, does karate like move in slow motion... I am Gri-Ja.
7. My superhero name (second favourite colour, favourite drink, add “the”)
The Pink (diet lemon) Soda.
8. My Nascar name (first two names of my two grandfathers)
9. My stripper name (favourite perfume, favourite sweet)
Soap Chocolate. Or maybe Lavender Snake. As in sour snakes and lavender because I quite like the smell. Can't wear perfume anymore because it makes my eyes water. Did I used to wear Joy? Joy Snake. That sounds good. No, it was another perfume in an opaque blue bottle with a maroon stopper. It will come to me.... yes? (Edited later to add, Doh, It's Lou Lou, thank you Melinda! Lou Lou Snake, oh yes.)
10. My witness protection name (mother’s and father’s middle names)
11. My weather anchor name (fifth grade teacher’s name, a major city beginning with the same letter)
12. My spy name (favourite season/flower)
13. Cartoon name (favourite fruit plus garment you’re wearing, with an “ie” or “y” added)
Cherry Uggsie. Actually, I quite like that one.
14 Hippie name (what you ate for breakfast plus favourite tree)
Pancakes The Gums in The Park.
15. Your rockstar tour name (favourite hobby plus weather element, with “the”)
The Sewing Rain at Dusk. Or The Gardening Sunshine. Rock out.
Well. There you go. Now I can go to bed and be up bright and early for househunting day. Which starts off with a visit to what I've nicknamed The Stinky House. Because it really smells. So bad that Grace ran screaming into the street last week. Until another bubby turned up. And then she wanted to play in the old sheds out the back, one of which looks like a birdhouse. It's pretty bad, but it's in a good location for us and I can see potential charm once the carpet has been lifted, the odour neutralised (there are chemicals for this) and the kitchen issues addressed. Will try and take photos. We went to an auction last week of a house I knew in my heart would go way above our limit, despite the agent telling me otherwise. I know, they want a crowd at the auction, which is fair enough because they are in the business of selling houses and if I was selling at auction, that's what I'd want. Absolutely fantastic location, needed heaps of work but had period charm and great wallpaper. I wish I'd taken a picture. Anyway. For a heartstopping moment I thought it would go just beyond our reach, giving me hope for that particular location. But the bids just kept coming. I have to remember that wishful thinking is not the best use of our househunting time and reframe my expectations. Our house is out there.