apricot blossom



SpcSpring seems to have come early this year. Only last week I was enjoying my new (to me) wool coat and wearing scarves inside to keep my cold ridden neck warm. The last few days have seen me hurriedly unpacking some summer clothes in a rush before work because it's just too mild to be wearing jumpers and leggings. Not that a sudden arrival of spring is unusual for Melbourne. It will most likely be cold again. But the season has turned and I find myself standing around the backyard in my thongs (as in flip flops) at the end of the day, letting the fragrance of apricot blossoms drift over me while I talk on the phone and take pictures of the light (yes, all at the same time).

I'm planning to sort through all our clothes on the weekend, packing away winter woollies and seeing what we have for summer. Grace seems to have grown several centimetres overnight and I'm wondering what I'll be wearing to work if we have a sudden hot spell. Please let me be organised enough not to have to wear my maternity trousers with a safety pin and a long top. Not for the third summer in a row. Or the fourth, if you count the summer I was pregnant. Exhale. That's better. Now I'm starting to think about planting tomatoes and beans (even if we might not be here, because you never know and it's not that hard to throw some seeds in the ground), Christmas, a summer blog redesign and booking some holiday time by the beach. And maybe a short camping trip somewhere. Oh yes, roll on summer.

Pattern, the theme for August. See more here.

10 comments:

  1. Well, it was bloody hot enough yesterday that you COULD have been outside in a thong (underwear)! I'm not happy about this heat, and would like winter back for another month. Have to hit the op shops for some summery tops, as the fashions in shoppingcentreland are not for the 40 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that 'golden hour' light. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful light ~ and we have encountered an early cooling off of autumn but as you will get cold again, i'm sure it will warm up briefly here too :) i love that it is spring there and the leaves are turning here ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hasn't it just been glorious? The blossom seems to have appeared overnight and it is EVERYWHERE! That house just down from you with the massive white blossom in the front yard absolutely smacked me last week as I went by. Wow. I am now wondering how the heck I can make a place to plant veggies in a hurry...and don't I miss our grass :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I am enjoying those maternity skirts I copied from you - I see another summer, though perhaps I will take off, take in and reattach the lycra waistbands...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah be careful
    don't go storing all your winter woolies just yet - remember xmas last year!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this warm weather is lovely, but I've just checked the forecast and looks like we're in for another cold snap. Darn! I just cleaned out the fireplace!! (Sorry to be a weather spoilsport!)
    I love the colours in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does feel early for spring, here too. We have blossoms in the trees and all. I love that shadow self portrait. I took a shadow photo of me awhile back, will have to put it on my blog tomorrow. It must be so interesting to do the self portrait challenge. I'm just rambling on your blog, as usual..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the burst of early spring colour that Melbourne puts on. Tomorrow is the first day of genuine spring which fills me with absolute relief. I love autumn, summer and spring but winter chills with kids just gets me down. I feel so unmotivated to hang out outside with them in winter, unless it's an excursion somewhere. I love warm days where you can sit outside with a book and a cuppa while they bury their matchbox cars in the dirt or start their own makeup factory (which reminds me, must download makeup factory photos from my camera).

    ReplyDelete