rugging up



SpcI think we're set for a pretty cold winter by Melbourne standards. Already I've had to wash ice off the car before setting out for work. The heaters are going even during the day and I've pulled my thermals out. We've had lots of cold grey looking days and quite a bit of fog. It really doesn't do much for my mood but I'm trying to see the good side. Like maybe snow melt from the hills around the water catchment filling the water storages. And the is garden looking green and lush with new plants and weeds sprouting everywhere. Although I think we'll be seeing the brown of frost damage soon.

In this portrait I'm standing in the garden trying to model one of the jumpers I refashioned last week. Basically it's the same jumper I was wearing in the last spc with parts of another jumper added to the bottom and to the sleeves. The pocket and neck are from yet another jumper that I cut up last year to make a hat and scarf.  As I tend to wash these old jumpers in the machine, they shrink and felt, but all joined up like this they are stupendously warm. I intended for this one to be for just round home, but I did wear it to the supermarket the other day and it occured to me that one day Grace may find me unbelievably embarassing. Or maybe she'll learn to take scissors and needle to her own clothes.

Other aspects of my environment here are the remanants of the garden folly to the left and assorted pieces of decorative junk to the right. With the next door neighbour's house in the background behind the tree. And of course, the garden all around. Check out other environments here.

10 comments:

  1. this jumper rocks, janet!
    I would sooo wear something like this out in winter :)
    Makes me livid I gave away all my old jumpers before moving :(
    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get warm at the moment - it's so cold !!
    I hibernate in Winter .. rarely go outside ... I just can't handle being cold ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Cool jumper, Im waiting to do the refashion in August. Whats the self portrait challenge?
    Also, love your blog. Ive just started mine. I'd like to add you to my list of faves if thats ok?
    Kind regards
    zoesquid

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just don't see enough women wearing muffs these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, that was just some heavily pregnant humour. You know, muff. Oh dear, I should have quite while I was ahead. I think the ensemble rocks. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nearly fell off my chair laughing Kim, I like your pregnant humour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luurve your jumper refashion! I think I need to do it to the great woolly thing I'm wearing at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your jumper, or sweater as we say in my parts. It's about 90F here today. Seeing you all bundled makes me feel a bit sweaty.
    I also love that you have a garden folly. Honestly, Janet, you're my hero.
    PS: What the heck is a lamington? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that jumper is so freaking beautiful and is your garden .. as are you :)
    makes me long for the cooler days of fall ~ what am i crazy ;-) summer is just getting started here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that jumper is so freaking beautiful and is your garden .. as are you :)
    makes me long for the cooler days of fall ~ what am i crazy ;-) summer is just getting started here :)

    ReplyDelete