meet me in melbourne, the debrief

Where to start? The weather maybe, could it have been any worse? I guess it could have, but as Sooz, Wil and I mooched up to the appointed meeting place, I really wondered if anyone else was going to turn up because, myself, I was really starting to doubt the wisdom of leaving the house and the heater. And yet several minutes later we were joined by Lazy Cow and Stompergirl. Shortly followed by Miss Eagle, Girl Printer and Clementine's Shoes. My phone went and I explained that yes, we were sitting in the park. Shortly thereafter we were joined by TurningJapanese and Friperee. Containers of treats were produced and conversations covered crochet, blogging, photos, idleness, knitting, craft and many other things.  It also began to feel like we were sitting in a cloud. We adjourned to the food court. Thankfully. Cameras were produced and as I was trying to set up a self timer shot (really hard because the LCD screen on my camera now only shows upside down) a fellow food court patron offered to take our picture.


Is Wil the cutest baby? He is such a charmer and has the most wicked smile which he was most generous with.  Yes, it was a bit nerve wracking at first. I'm prone to pre-party jitters and did wonder afterwards if I may have put my foot in it a couple of times. Especially as conversations went in all directions and never quite got finished. But that's life, hey. And it was fun, yes indeed.

I know that Stompergirl , Clementine's Shoes sand Miss Eagle have also posted pictures and/or a re-cap. Lovely to meet you all! 

8 comments:

  1. I noticed the obliging food court patron (an elderly gentleman) felt the need to plie whilst taking that shot. Despite the fact we were on a lower level than him. But he didn't crop our heads off, that's the main thing!
    I enjoyed meeting you too, and all the others. Well worth the trip away from the heater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there were various conversational threads I wanted to keep track of but failed miserably. It really was a pleasure meeting you! And thanks for the crocheting tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow ~ way too much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was intending to come but I wasn't able to leave my older two kids at home and bringing them would have been chaos! If anyone wants to meet up again sometime before next year, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wrap-up- It was lovely to see you (and your wonderful smile) again, and to meet everyone else. A bright spot in what would have been an otherwise dreary afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah - I missed it. Looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't fancy rocking up with the kiddo either - so distracting !!
    Glad you all had a good time though :)
    What happened to Pea Soup ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun. I am so spewing I missed it. We had so much on and then we were actually all to sick to go anywhere at all.
    So you better plan another.

    ReplyDelete