blue is good

Half way through the final quarter, I found myself composing this post; something along the lines of... there are winners and there are losers. Then I had to stop because the dogs scored another goal and it all started looking tense again. However the mighty blues prevailed, and can I just say that winning is really fun.


I worked out today that I haven't been to the footy in about three years. The last match I attended was probably the one in Adelaide on the way to central Australia. It wasn't a winning game but I remember we played chess in the tent afterwards as it rained outside. Didn't feel like going to the footy while I was pregnant or while Grace was little. And last year there was too much possibility of losing. I don't like going to the footy when Carlton losing seems like a done deal. I'm shallow like that. But this year, Grace loves going over to nana's for the afternoon and I don't mind having a break from the incessant demands for Boobah or the emotional rollercoaster, complete with roll on the ground tantrums, that is being two. Especially when winning is a possibility. Did I mention that I was shallow? But oh, it is so good. Go blues! 

5 comments:

  1. LOL at *winning is fun* .. :) Go blues.
    Love your second photo of the stadium, with the t-shirted flag-wavers in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blues, The mighty mighty blues ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blues, The mighty mighty blues ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i studied abroad in australia four years ago, i lived in carlton but was/am a cats fan! i really miss footy games- so much going on, both on the field and off... and mmm, meat pies. delish.

    ReplyDelete