On the streets of our town




Logo
Grace and I on the way back from the park. Near the intersection where I have frequent run ins with drivers who pay no heed to the pedestrian lights on the right turn. There's been more than one occasion when I have met their eye with an angry look and pointed to the walk sign and the child in the stroller. Or come close to thumping their windshields. As you can see, it's not a pretty corner. Like many of the main streets in our suburb.

I like it that Grace and I are both looking at the camera, which is resting on the window ledge of a business building. It's about five o'clock and most of the lights seem to have gone out. I would have preferred not to have cut my feet off, but compared to some of the others I've taken, that's a minor issue. The May street photography challenge is going to be even more of a technical challenge than I thought. Oh well, I guess I'll have learned a whole lot more by the end of the month, which has to be a good thing. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the streets of your town.

Visit SPC here.

11 comments:

  1. i have yet to do mine but its coming sometime this week .. yours is marvelous, you are so cute in that BEAUTIFUL red sweater : )
    its kind of nice to see everyone out there, on the street ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know that corner - we used to live right near there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the time you have caught their eye and pointed at the walk sign the sign is flashing and they feel vindicated in almost running you over. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might not be a pretty corner but it has it's own certain charm, and it's such a nice photo. I love taking photos of the streets of my town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that happens to me all the time, the most annoying thing is when the driver acts as though YOU have done something wrong.
    You look like you are looking at a person, not a solo camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! You managed to capture a moment that looks quite spontaneous instead of staged - as if someone else had the camera and just said your name and you looked over and smiled. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here comes Janet pushin' a baby carriage!
    Nice! Looks like real life. I also live in a town with lots of unpretty streets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the tech challenge! Sorry to hear you live near such a nutty street corner. I look forward to seeing more self portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your street looks like one that could be in my town :) it's great to be able to get out with the carriage again up here in the northeast.
    looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is a cool pic. I think I would be too self-conscious to prop my camera on the ledge of an office building, but stuff like that always ends up being my loss, and my regret.
    I love this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this picture! it's great to see you and Grace, just as if we'd suddenly passed you on the street. i'm loking forward to seeing more, too!

    ReplyDelete