Cutting out

All day, I raced around like a chook with my head cut off, permanently behind schedule. I should have been in bed an hour ago, but that's always the way. It's been an intense day. Lots to do. People everywhere. I'm going away tomorrow, on a craft weekend. Without my little family and I'm taking the car. Exciting and scary. In normal circumstances I'd be a little freaked at cooking a roast dinner and two days of hanging with newish people, some of whom I've never met . But I'm not. My sister Betty is due to go into labour in a week or two, but at the moment she's in hospital under observation. Not for the first time, so I thought this might be the case when G returned his mission to pick up a folding table from their house and said no-one was home. We've since heard she's OK and so is the bub. But man, it's intense.



We had lunch today with Betty and my Mum and Lance. It was lovely. Then Mum stayed and helped me cut out some sewing and took this photo which I quite like despite the bluriness (perhaps it's because in this one I don't look like ten tonne tessie, ahem). Any way I now have a box packed. Two skirts, a pair of jeans, two tops and three pairs of jeans for Grace. And some wool and crochet hooks, just in case I run out of things to do. I'll be pleased if I get half of it done. That is, if I don't have a little reason to come back home early.The family consensus is that I should still go away. It's been planned and arranged for a while. And nothing may happen this weekend. But if it does, I'm only a mobile call away and I'll be back. Wouldn't miss my first day of auntiehood for quids.

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff, I hope you have some rejuvenating me-time & friend-time. & craft-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great weekend J. Hope Betty and bitty-Betty are doing good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love and admire that 'hazy' quality you get to many of your pics.
    Trick or talent ? :)
    Have fun away !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a good one! that back veranda is identical to the one I used to have in Coburg..Brings back memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. h&b, I thought this one was a bit blurry rather than hazy, my mum took it and she's not familiar with my camera (and has some issues with focusing it). But I also think that it's because I take quite alot of pictures in low light with the flash off, not on a tripod so it's a combination of light, slow camera, a bit of shake. And I use the macro setting alot which blurs the background.

    ReplyDelete