Putting on some face

November's self portrait challenge theme is glam, "disco, diamonds and glitter" and you know, that whole glam rock thing. Once upon a time this would have been right up my alley, back in the day when too much glitter was never enough. I used to love going out dancing: forest raves, niteclubs, dodgy warehouse parties. You could have said that I liked a party. Most of my outfits were quite practical but I did have some lovely things. A long lurex dress in greens and blues, some sparkly gold high heels, various hats, sneakers with silver stripes, coloured beads, a red velvet dress that I used to wear over pants, disco balls, bindis, various types of glitter. How things have changed.

Yesterday when I went to look for some dark coloured lipstick, all I could find was one dried up matte colour, circa 1995, I think. Yuck.  No lip pencils either and I could barely remember how to apply it. Then once it was on, I felt like my skin couldn't breathe. I raced around the backyard, trying to look glam but it really wasn't working for me at all. I think finding some new ways to glam it up might be an even bigger challenge than revealing my imperfections. Still, it might be be fun.

For lots of GLAM, go here.

13 comments:

  1. I actually had fun with the make-up part, and yet at the same time couldn't wait to wash it all off when I was done taking photos.
    I like the expression on your face in this one - sort of mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the great thing about real glamour is it can't be staged. It can't be forced - and even though you weren't feeling the challenge, your own glamour shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has a lot of glamour to me, in that jackie o kind of beauty, perhaps real glam comes from inside and you have it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel ya! I'm using this as an excuse to glam it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo of you. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo. You look like you would be right at home at an outdoor cafe sipping strong coffee and eating biscotti. Tres glamorous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The imperfections theme was difficult, but I think this glam theme is just as or even more difficult.
    However, you came up with a very very pretty portrait. You look fetching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where have I been. So much to read and catch up on. Can I just say the recent pics of your garden are lovely. A rambling, joyful place. The sort of feel I would like in my new garden.
    That t-shirt remodel was great. If I could only sew!
    And the glam picture is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this photo. something about the angle of you face is so wonderful, so glam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean! I haven't felt glamorous in years. Haha. We'll see what this month brings. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lipstick does look beautiful on you. I also like the feel of the black and white and your face position.
    Maybe next week we can see those glamorous eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOH!
    I love this photo. The grainy edge is perfect and your HAIR.
    Envy, Envy, ENVY it.

    ReplyDelete