Eight days in

There have been times over the last week when I've wondered why in the hell would I set myself this particular challenge. NaBloPoMo seems such an insane thing to do when I'm already busy, getting busier every day and chasing after a toddler. Some nights I fight the urge to just blob in front of television. But once I get past that feeling of not wanting to write, of procrastination, I quite enjoy it. The tap, tap of the keyboard. The respite and sense of space in my own head. I thought I would run out of ideas, but no, they're still crowding around, buzzing here buzzing there. Some posts, I thought might have been better, but I'm learning to let go. I guess that's part of the point of it.

I'm also enjoying being part of something big. According to Lane at pink elephants the official particpant list has 1,913 blogs on it. And she would probably know, as she is the genius that bought us the NaBloPoMo Randomiser, possibly the internet's greatest distraction device. I'm enjoying finding some new blogs. Not that I'm getting quite as much blog reading time as I would like. But I think I will come out of NaBloPoMo with some new regular reads. It's funny but although blogland is huge, I feel like I hang around mostly in my own little neighbourhood. Which I really, really love but it's also nice to go exploring.  I'm going to copy daisies and write a weekly list of new (or newish)blogs that I've found or have found me, so in no particular order:

More kisses please
Color the sky with you
pluck the petal
the x facta
pink elephants
She knits shizknits

I'm still being a bit of a lurker and haven't been commenting much, especially on new to me sites. But I am reading when I can.

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I really have about 10 sites that I regularly read and I don't stray much.
    That randomizer has been such a fantastic tool in finding new people. As much stress as this whole challenge has caused it is very refreshing. It has been so positive so far.
    I love your idea of posting new sites you have been enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the frequent posts. I pinched your "48 things..." meme. Not up to the blogging every day challenge this month myself but I am cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I for one am glad you're blogging daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it is lots of fun posting everyday and finding new blogs to read through the randomizer.

    ReplyDelete