48 things you could care less about

  1. First name? Janet

  2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, my father's mother who died when he was a teenager.

  3. When did you last cry? A month or so ago at work, on hearing some sad news from someone I don't know. It was awful. 

  4. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. It's not as neat as would I like but in my early twenties I taught myself italic, from a book my father used in his twenties, because I hated the cursive script I learned at school.

  5. What is your favourite lunchmeat? Ham off the bone, with mustard.

  6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? These days yes. Some patches in the past I may have been a bit scary.

  7. Do you have a journal? Yes, I have a decades worth of bound paper journals that I stopped about 8 years ago. Now this is it.

  8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep.

  9. Would you bungee jump? No.

  10. What is your favourite cereal? Porridge with sultanas, brown sugar and milk in winter. Oats with grated granny smith apple, sultanas, walnuts, honey and yoghurt in summer. I vacillate a bit at the moment.

  11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, I know I should but I don't.

  12. Do you think you are strong? I know I am strong.

  13. What is your favourite icecream flavour? Vanilla, with real vanilla bean.

  14. Shoe size? 43 and counting.

  15. Red or Pink? Both. Together on occasion.

  16. What is your least favourite thing about yourself? Leaving things to the last minute.

  17. Who do you miss the most? My son, my nan and my old best friend Jane who moved to Queensland more than 10 years ago. And sometimes my old writing group, but bridges get burnt, see #6.

  18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? No, not really, I'll catch you round blogland. But you can if you like.

  19. What colour pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? Black cotton/lycra yoga pants, pink t-shirt, orange jumper, orange black red and yellow poncho belonging to my mum. Ugg bootees. It's chilly.

  20. Last thing you ate? Bean bolognaise pasta with rennet free parmesan (jeez I miss real parmesan), a small portion of lindt chocolate for afters.

  21. What are you listening to right now? The hum of the computers, cars swishing by outside, a tram, the telly in another room. Quiet.

  22. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? British racing green.

  23. Favourite smell? Broad bean flowers, loquat blossom, well made compost, baked potatoes, bread, vanilla, newborn babies.

  24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Not counting work, because I can't talk about that, my sister.

  25. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? How they smell naturally (and I mean that in a positive affirming way).

  26. Do you like the person you stole this from? Yes, although I don't feel I know them well yet.

  27. Favourite Drink? Bickfords diet lemon cordial with soda, ginger beer, strong milky coffee made on a stovetop esspresso, nice red wine (which I'm bad at selecting).

  28. Favourite sport? Football (as in australian rules). But only if there is a possibility that Carlton will win. So it's been off the agenda for a while.

  29. Eye colour? Hazel.

  30. Hat size? Extra large.

  31. Do you wear contacts? No.

  32. Favourite food? Lamb chops, roast beef, cold chicken. Do you think that maybe shacking up with a vegetarian is getting to me in this respect?

  33. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. I have a very low horror/thriller threshold and will hide under the couch or behind my hands.

  34. If you could live anywhere in the world,where would that be? Close to a city, near a forest and water (river, lake or sea), good rainfall, rich soil, space for a big garden, within easy walking distance of family and friends, well serviced by public transport and cheap so I woudn't have to work long hours to pay for it. Ah dreams.

  35. Summer or winter? Summer, summer, summer.

  36. Hugs or kisses? Can I have both please?

  37. Favourite dessert? Very tangy lemon curd tart.

  38. Who is most likely to respond? I have no idea.

  39. Least likely to respond? Again I am clueless.

  40. What books are you reading? Gods in Alambama by Joshilyn Jackson which I got from the opshop where I get many of my books. It's recommended on the jacket by the Australian Women's Weekly but it's not really pulling me in. And Visual Quickstart Guide Photoshop Elements 4 for Windows by Craig Hoeschen. Deeply confusing.

  41. What's on your mouse pad? Mount Fuji.

  42. What did you watch last night on televison? Jamie Olivers Fifteen.

  43. Favourite sounds? Grace's greeting when I come home, the sound of scissors cutting out a pattern on my dining table, music when I'm in the mood.

  44. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles, G probably has everything and I have a lovely old pressing of Rubber Soul on vinyl.

  45. The furthest you've been from home? Western Ireland.

  46. What's your special talent? I can't think of one at the moment although there'd have to be something I suppose. Anyway, I think I did my job pretty well today.

  47. Where were you born? In a hospital in Melbournes's eastern suburbs.

  48. Who sent this to you? I've seen it around here, here, here and here. Gosh I'm still such a lurker. Must stop.

3 comments:

  1. And regarding Gods in Alabama: I found it didn't pull me in at first either but it got better. She's a funny lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes on the lemon tart, ginger beer, vanilla bean icecream and bircher muesli. Oh, it's all about the food isn't it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loquat blossom! We had a loquat tree in our old garden - we strung a swing in its branches and planted lots of golden marjoram undereath. I have a photo of Son #1 as a naked 3 year old, swinging away, totally lost in his own thoughts. He looked like a fairy nymph ...

    ReplyDelete